Retail non-profit temporary liquor licenses are issued to organizations who are looking to host an event and serve alcohol. These licenses are typically issued for a specific day.
- Complete Form ABC-221 (Daily License Authorization).
- Obtain written authorization from the property owner (owner may sign the Form ABC-221).
- Provide a detailed diagram of the event location if the event is to be held outdoors.
- Submit Form ABC-221 to the local ABC District Office with jurisdiction over the event location no more than 30 days and no less than 10 days prior to the event.
Qualified Organizations for a Daily Beer License:
- An existing non-profit organization
- If this is your first time applying, your organization must be qualified by the ABC. You will need to provide your IRS and/or Franchise Tax Board documents showing your tax exempt status.
Cost of a Type 32 Daily Beer License is $25.00 per day.
Requirements and qualified organizations are the same as for a Type 32 Daily Beer License.
Cost of a Type 33 Liquor License is $25.00 per day.
Application requirements and qualified organization types are the same as for a Type 32 Daily Beer License and a Type 33 Daily Wine License.
Cost of the Type 34 Daily Beer and Wine License is $50.00.
The application requirements for this license are the same as for a Type 32 Daily Beer License. However, the qualifications for your organization are more stringent for the General On-Sale License.
To qualify for a GENERAL license, you must be an organization formed for a specific charitable or civic purpose, a religious organization, a political organization, or a fraternal organization that has been in existence for more than five years.
If your event is a “Casino Night”, you must also comply with the Business and Professions Code Section 19985 and you must have pre-approval from the Bureau of Gambling Control of the Dept. of Justice.
The cost of a Type 37 Daily On-Sale General License is $25.00 per day.