Types of Liquor License Protests

There are two types of Liquor License protests:  Public Official and Private Citizen.

Most commonly, public official protests are law enforcement, school officials, and city officials.  Private citizen protests tend to be neighbors, business competitors, religious leaders/organizations, or organized activists.

With public officials, often you can meet with the official and agree upon conditions of approval for your alcohol license.  When this is accomplished, it usually can lead to the withdrawal of the protest.  However, if a common ground can not be reached, then the ABC will need to decide the ultimate fate of the protest and license application.

Resolving a private citizen protest, however, will typically depend upon the motivation of the person or organization lodging the protest.  Our first step in getting you through this process will be to discover the reason for the objection and determine whether or not mitigating conditions for approval will be attainable.

Our experience with this type of action will help you to achieve resolution as expeditiously as possible.

Please view the video below for more information:


Filed under: Protested California Liquor Licenses

Tagged with: · · ·

Leave A Comment

  • <strong>Harald Herrmann</strong>, President/CEO, Yard House Restaurants

    “The Alcoholic Beverage Consulting Service team have been instrumental in support of the growth and success of Yard House over the past 5 years.”

    - Harald Herrmann, President/CEO, Yard House Restaurants
  • <strong>John Maino</strong>, President, Ironfire Brewing Company

    “Alcoholic Beverage Consulting relieved all the stress of filling out and filing of our alcohol licenses with the ABC and TTB, allowing us to focus on what we do best."

    - John Maino, President, Ironfire Brewing Company
  • <strong>Amy Bergrud</strong>, Director of Finance, Malibu Estate/Surfrider, Sunset Marquis Hotel

    “ABC Consulting is a pleasure to work with... Mike and Rhonda are experts in their field and have helped us to get ABC licenses for our multiple locations."

    - Amy Bergrud, Director of Finance, Malibu Estate/Surfrider, Sunset Marquis Hotel
  • <strong>Dianne Scott</strong>, Director of Corporate Relations, BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.

    “I have been working with Mike Brewer and his team for over 16 years and find everyone consistently responsive, reliable and willing to go above and beyond."

    - Dianne Scott, Director of Corporate Relations, BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.
  • <strong>Neal Pekala</strong>, Director of Legal Services, Hyatt Hotels

    "Your group provides me with right balance of what is important in picking a local counsel/consultant."

    - Neal Pekala, Director of Legal Services, Hyatt Hotels