In California, a common liquor license is the Type 54 license for a boat. This on-sale general boat license allows beer, wine, and distilled spirit sales on the boat from 30 minutes prior to a trip to 30 minutes after the completion of the trip.

The boat operator must be licensed by the Coast Guard to operate a boat for hire, but the licenses are fairly inexpensive and not usually difficult to obtain.

The video below provides additional information. Please contact our office for assistance.